November Custom Gear Giveaway Winner
It has been awhile since Ninjalane er, Hardware Asylum had a hardware promotion and for the months of November 2013, December 2013 and January 2014 Hardware Asylum is giving away some extremely cool custom gear on the order of Z87 Motherboards and Custom painted computer cases. Of course you see these kinds of giveaways all the time but how often does a well known hardware site give away something that is beyond the reach of your typical casemodder?
We would like to congratulate Jerry Lafferty for winning the grand prize in the November Custom Gear Giveaway. Of course if you missed out on the November giveaway there is still time (as of this article) to enter the December Hardware Promotion (Giveaway).
EVGA Classified and Video Card Rumors
At the time that Dennis and Darren had recorded this segment the official news of the GTX 780 Ti Classified Kingpin Edition was nothing more than some teaser photos posted to the EVGA Facebook stream. We know now that the card is real and should be available sometime in 2014 but at the time of the recording Dennis was speculating based on what was available at the time.
Now that the holiday season is approaching you may be thinking to yourself that it is time to upgrade your TV. Well before you drop big bucks on that 4K panel you need to understand The Lechner Distance which is basically, 9 Feet.
9 feet is the typical distance that a television viewer sits from their TV and at that distance your eye can see a total of 1080 lines of resolution on a 65” television panel. The Lechner Distance is what helped set the HD standard of 1080(i/p) and is the main reason that people are saying that a 4k televisions are a waste of your money, that is unless you are going to set closer than 9 feet to the television.
Dennis and Darren discuss the Lechner Distance and how it applies to televisions and even movie theaters. Of course this won’t stop anyone from buying 4k, but science, and the spec sheet, will tell you that it is a waste of money
- Top 30 Games to Play this Holiday SeasonDecember 24, 2016
- A Look at the Casemodding Community and Accurate Fan TestingDecember 10, 2016
- Battlefield 1 Review and Gameplay ImpressionsNovember 25, 2016
- DICE Overclocking at the BoiseLAN 4.0November 17, 2016
- Pascal GTX 1050 Discussion followed by an In-depth Look at the HBT+ Gravity 6November 10, 2016
- Battlefield 1 Beta First Play and ImpressionsSeptember 25, 2016
- PCI Express 4.0 Corrosion Risks of Watercooling and Podcast on YouTubeSeptember 10, 2016
- Changing the Face of Overclocking CompetitionsAugust 24, 2016
- View All Episodes