In this first segment Dennis talks about a new section on Hardware Asylum dedicated to computer builds. This has actually been a vision of his for many years and took on several different forms from a standalone website called UpgradeAlley.com to simple forum threads addressing build concerns. Well, with the launch of Hardware Asylum Builds that vision has been realized but with a twist.
Most sites that have a builds section spec out different machines based on budget or centered on a certain manufacturer. These are nice but often are very limiting in hardware selection giving the reader the impression that “this” is the only way to build a computer. The vision for Asylum Builds is different and will focus on purpose built machines with only a suggested price ceiling.
Every build will fall into one of three categories.
- The Rig: Systems in this section are general purpose machines that can be used for a variety of different situations
- Gaming: As the name suggests Gaming builds will feature hardware designed to get the most out of your games
- Xtreme: Every website has a build like this that often includes a mismatch set of parts (cause: reasons). Xtreme builds take this a step further and adds a purpose which might be Xtreme Gaming or Xtreme Overclocking.
Hardware Asylum Builds
The Less Technical Side of Computex
In this segment Darren attempts to live vicariously though Dennis and got him to travel log a bit and expose some of the less technical things about visiting Taiwan.
The discussion starts over a bottle of Taiwan beer which happens to be an impossible import in Idaho unless you happen to squirrel it away in your checked luggage.
Episode 54 featured music:
Little People - Start Shootin' (http://www.littlepeoplemusic.com/)
- Can your gaming PC make you money?July 24, 2017
- How much heatsink do you really need?July 10, 2017
- Intel Core X-Series Overclocking and Rookie RumbleJune 19, 2017
- RGB Lights on Memory and RX 500 Series Video CardsJune 09, 2017
- Pitfalls of Playing Early Access GamesMay 24, 2017
- Obsolete Intel Optane and Core King RyzenMay 10, 2017
- Shocking Trends in PC HardwareApril 24, 2017
- Testing the GTX 1080 Ti Against Two Popular Upgrade TheoriesApril 10, 2017
- View All Episodes