DeepCool may be known for their PC cooling products but they are far from a one trick pony. Today we will be looking at their latest gaming keyboard, the DeepCool KG722 65% RGB Mechanical Keyboard. The KG722 may be small enough to toss in your favorite bag but it is packed with features.
Will the KG722 convince you to down size? Let’s find out!
Our DeepCool KG722 is offered in a black ABS plastic case with only the single blue ESC key to indicate the DeepCool brand. As the name indicates, the form factor is 65% of the size of a typical gaming keyboard. In person it just looks tiny!
For those of you unfamiliar with the differences between keyboard sizes here is a good size comparison.
- 65% Mechanical Keyboard
- Gateron Red Switches
- Per-key RGB Backlighting
- Custom Software Configuration
- Fingerprint Resistant ABS Keycaps
- Side Etched Legends
- Detachable USB C cable
- Overall Dimension: 310 (L) x 101.6 (W) x 39(H)mm
- Keyboard Switch Type: Gateron Red
- Material: ABS Plastic
- Keyboard Keycaps: ABS Plastic
- Lighting System: RGB
- Polling Rate: 1000HZ
- Response Rate: 12MS
- Key switch durability: 50 Million
- Connectivity: USB to Type C
- Media Keys: FN Keys Enabled
- Keyboard Type: Mechanical Keyboard
- Cable Specification: 1.8M Braid Cable
- Keyboard Memory: 32KB
- Product Color: Black
- EAN: 6933412796299
- P/N: R-KG722-BK0AN4A-G
The primary difference between Gateron and Cherry switches is, the Gateron switches are much smoother, and bumps are more tactile. It brings a whole new typing and gaming experience, and is growing quickly in popularity within the Mechanical Keyboard scene. The smoothness of each Gateron switch stroke can be best described as: sliding a hot knife through butter. -pcgamingrace.com