MSI MOA Qualifiers
Note: By the time you listen to this segment the official qualifying results have been announced on HWBot including the winner’s names and what world records were broken.
In this segment Dennis and Darren wrap up the results of the MOA Qualifiers and talk briefly about who won and who will be moving on to the finals. We see many familiar names on the leader boards including several returning competitors and a few well known rookies. Congrats to everyone who competed and good luck in Taipei.
EVGA X99 Classified
September marks the first full month of the new X99 chipset supporting the Haswell-E. Like the LGA1150 counterpart the new processor supports the new Haswell cpu architecture and brings with it support for quad channel DDR4. The CPU package has changed from the X79 days and while the LGA2011 pin package remains the two processor platforms are not interchangeable.
EVGA was ready for the X99 launch and has three motherboard designs to choose from. The X99 Classified is the flagship motherboard designed for overclocking, features upgraded audio and improved cooling. The X99 FTW is the midmarket motherboard with many of the same features found on the Classified with some design decisions to lower the overall cost. Finally the 3rd motherboard is the X99 Micro. As the name suggests this is a MicroATX motherboard sporting the X99 chipset and given the trend for smaller and more powerful desktops the MicroATX form factor is perfect.
In this segment Dennis walks thru the features found on the EVGA X99 Classified while Darren does his best to resist walking out the door with the motherboard under his arm.
- Explore the Performance of the GTX 1070 SLIAugust 24, 2020
- The Death of the Convention and its Evolution into this Digital WorldAugust 10, 2020
- Risks and Rewards when Chasing Used Enthusiast Level HardwareJuly 25, 2020
- What was Computer Hardware Like in 2009July 10, 2020
- Does Radiator Size MatterJune 24, 2020
- Diving into the Maximus XII Formula and EK-Quantum MomentumJune 10, 2020
- Proper Sound Card Testing, Cool PC Mods and 3D Printing ProjectsMay 25, 2020
- ASUS Z490 Motherboard Comet Lake LGA1200 LaunchMay 10, 2020
- View All Episodes