On July 29th Microsoft released Windows 10 and while most of the people listening to the podcast will have most likely upgraded by now there might be a few on the fence. In this episode Dennis and Darren talk about their experiences upgrading and even give a few pointers.
Per most “upgrades” there is a good chance things will progress smoothly but every once in awhile something will decide to take a side street to attain the final goal. In this case both Dennis and Darren had different experiences during the install including things like keys not getting accepted and monitor profiles not being recognized. Of course pure determination and strategic reboots tend to solve most problems related to Windows and Win 10 is no exception.
Chevy S10 Xtreme Project Update
Last year Dennis had hired a well known company to build an engine for the S10 Xtreme and shortly after new years Dennis had installed the engine and had it running a few days after returning from CES. Unfortunately the engine made a few rather strange sounds and pulled the engine to have it worked on.
As of this episode the engine is still out of the truck and with a local builder for inspection and parts replacement. It would seem luck is not with Dennis for this project and after battling with the original builder for the past couple months finally got replacement parts which happened to be not only incomplete but also incompatible. This got Dennis ranting about the importance of choosing “who” you hire to complete a project which can extend beyond the automotive field.
X99 Gaming Upgrade
Looking to build a budget friendly X99 rig for gaming? In this segment Dennis and Darren talk about the X99 platform and explore what makes sense when building a proper gaming rig on a budget.
Episode 55 featured music:
Little People - Start Shootin' (http://www.littlepeoplemusic.com/)
- Building a Retro PC and what it takes to run old machinesMarch 24, 2021
- It is ok to Build with Ryzen and Good Video Game MoviesMarch 10, 2021
- The Benefits and Limitations of Watercooling from DIY to AIOFebruary 25, 2021
- Revisit Galvanic Corrosion and Improving Case CoolingFebruary 10, 2021
- Unboxing a Special Intel Motherboard from 1995January 24, 2021
- Hardware Asylum Podcast 10-Year AnniversaryJanuary 10, 2021
- Subzero AIO Water Cooling and the Death of the HEDT ProcessorDecember 23, 2020
- Lack of Enthusiast Level Video Cards and SFX PSU OverclockingDecember 14, 2020
- View All Episodes