There are several things to consider when building or upgrading a PC and while we love to focus on the exciting components like CPU, Motherboard and Video it is the silent partners that really deserve all of the credit.
By silent partners I am talking about the components that become the cornerstone of any solid computer build and namely, The Power Supply
Without a good power supply, you risk damaging your hardware and can be subjected to excess heat and noise. I will be the first to admit that a good PSU can last you YEARS and survive though numerous builds and upgrades. The truth is you still need to evaluate everything in your build and ensure that everything is compatible and supports the latest technologies.
In this review we will be looking at the PQ1000M Power Supply from DeepCool. This is a 1000w modular power supply that features the popular 80 Plus Gold efficiency rating and comes with a configuration perfect for modern system builds.
- Type ATX12V V2.4
- Product Dimensions 150×140×86mm (W x L x H)
- 80PLUS Certifications GOLD
- Fan Size 120mm
- Fan Bearing FDB
- Topology Active PFC + Full Bridge SRC LLC + DC to DC
- Capacitors Full Japan Electrolytic Capacitors
- Power Good Signal 100-500ms
- Hold Up Time ≥16ms (80% load))
- Efficiency ≥90% Under Typical Load(50% Loading)
- Protection OPP/OVP/SCP/OTP/OCP
- Operation Temperature 0 - 40 °C
- Regulatory CCC/CE/FCC/TUV-SUD/cTUVus/RCM/EAC/CAN ICES-003(B)/NMB-003(B)/UKCA
- Erp Regulation ErP 2013
- MTBF 100,000 Hours
- Warranty 10 Years