We like to compare a computer power supply to the equivalent of a house foundation. Everything else will fail if you don’t have a good foundation! While we have long recommended the Tough Power series as a solid PSU that simply works. The cables and plugs are quite good, size and RGB seem to be on point and the new GF1 1000W TT Premium Edition offers several compelling upgrades that improve on the basic formula.
With premium components, a 10 year warranty and a killer smart fan the Thermaltake Tough Power GF1 1000W TT Premium Edition Power Supply is simply loaded with upgrades that should make this PSU a contender for your next build.
The new GF1 1000W TT Premium is the latest in the Toughpower GF1 Gold line which includes power supplies with RGB, ARGB or no lighting at all. Power ratings in the GF1 premium line range from 650w to a massive 1550w watts and deliver 80 PLUS Gold-certified efficiency across the product line
Selecting the correct power supply is critical to providing the solid foundation for any enthusiast build. As todays components become more power hungry choosing the correct wattage is critical. There are several power supply calculators, like this one from Newegg that should get you in the ball park. We often recommend that you go with larger and more efficient options to pad against future needs, cover any power spikes from hard use and take full advantage of the 80 Plus efficency curve.
Today we will be looking at a sensible 1000W model with no RGB lighting.
- Zero Cable Platform
- Ultra Quiet 140mm Hydraulic Bearing Fan
- Smart Zero Fan
- <30mV Low Ripple Noise
- Extremely Strict Voltage Regulation <±2%
- Fully Modular Low-Profile Flat Cable
- Premium Japanese 105°C/221°F Capacitors
- High Amperage Single +12V Rail
- 80 PLUS Gold Certified and Intel C6/C7 States Ready
- P/N: PS-TPD-1000FNFAGU-1
- WATTS: 1000W
- RGB FAN: Yes
- FORM FACTOR: ATX
- MODEL: TTP-1000AH3FCG
- OUTPUT CAPACITY: 1000W
- PEAK OUTPUT CAPACITY: 1200W
- COLOR: Black
- DIMENSION (W/H/D): 150mm(W) x 86mm(H) x 160mm(D)
- PFC (POWER FACTOR CORRECTION): Active PFC
- POWER GOOD SIGNAL: 100-500 msec
- HOLD UP TIME: > 16msec at 100% of full load
- INPUT CURRENT: 15A max
- INPUT FREQUENCY RANGE: 50Hz /60Hz
- INPUT VOLTAGE: 100V – 240V~
- OPERATING TEMPERATURE: 0°C to + 50°C
- OPERATING HUMIDITY: 20% to 90%,non-condensing
- STORAGE TEMPERATURE: -20°C to + 70°C
- STORAGE HUMIDITY: 5% to 95%, non-condensing
- COOLING SYSTEM: 14cm hydraulic bearing fan
- EFFICIENCY: Meet 80 PLUS®Gold at 115Vac input.
- MTBF: 100,000 hrs minimum
- SAFETY APPROVAL: CE/cTUVus/TÜV/FCC/BSMI/EAC
- PCI-E 6+2PIN: 6