HyperX Cloud series headsets have quickly become some of the most recommended gaming headsets on the market thanks to a delicate balance of price, performance and good looks. Today we will be looking at the latest entry to the cloud line; the HyperX Cloud Stinger gaming headset.
With the Cloud Stinger HyperX is expanding their target audience to include console and mobile users and tackling a lower price point too. Headsets in this category are often filled with compromises. Let’s see if the Cloud Stinger has what it takes to live up to the Cloud name!
The Cloud Stingers come in the same black and red motif we have seen across the Cloud line. This time the frame is fully plastic with metal interior sliders to provide strength. The finish is more matte with the simple HyperX logo on each ear the only accents. Thankfully HyperX has ignored the LED accents common in cheaper headsets. At the moment this is the only color scheme but history has shown us that other colors are possible if there is a demand.
- Lightweight headset with 90-degree rotating ear cups
- 50mm directional drivers for audio precision
- HyperX signature memory foam
- Adjustable steel slider
- Intuitive volume control on headset ear cup
- Swivel-to-mute noise-cancellation microphone
- Multi-platform compatibility
- Driver: Dynamic, 50mm with neodymium magnets
- Type: Circumaural, Closed back
- Frequency response: 18Hz-23,000Hz
- Impedance: 30 Ω
- Sound pressure level: 102 ± 3dBSPL/mW at 1kHz
- T.H.D.: < 2%
- Input power: Rated 30mW, Maximum 500mW
- Weight: 275g
- Cable length and type: Headset (1.3m) + Extension Y-cable(1.7m)
- Connection: Headset - 3.5mm plug (4 pole) + extension cable - 3.5mm stereo and mic plugs
- Element: Electret condenser microphone
- Polar pattern: Uni-directional, Noise-canceling
- Frequency response: 50Hz~18,000Hz
- Sensitivity: -40 dBV (0dB=1V/Pa,1kHz)
HyperX is the high-performance product division of Kingston Technology, the world’s largest independent memory manufacturer. Started in 2002, HyperX began with one line of high-performance memory and has grown over the years to encompass multiple product lines of memory modules, solid-state drives, USB Flash drives, headsets and mouse pads. Featuring best-in-class components that deliver superior performance, quality and aesthetic design for more than a decade, HyperX products are the choice of top-rated gamers, tech enthusiasts, and overclockers worldwide. From setting memory world records to achieving the most stringent product certifications, HyperX is committed to delivering reliable products with the highest performance standards.