The new Intel Comet Lake LGA1200 series processors are due to be released and with that comes a whole new set of motherboards. Unlike many AMD solutions the Intel side of the house tends to change things enough to warrant a new motherboard release. While this may annoy some (AMD Lovers) it brings plenty of opportunity for new features and keeps motherboard vendors on their toes to create new products.
Some of the new features are tied directly to the new chipset and include Intel WiFi 6, support for faster DDR4 2933Mhz memory and a much higher core count with the Core i9 10900K supporting 10 cores and 20 threads with a overclocking friendly clock multiplier and 125w TDP. Best part is that existing LGA115x heatsinks will install on the LGA1200.
ASUS Z490 Comet Lake LGA1200 Motherboard Launch
Intel Core i9-10900K edges up to 5.3GHz, 10 cores for gaming desktops
Episode 111 featured music:
Little People - Start Shootin' (http://www.littlepeoplemusic.com/)
- What is the deal with Desktop DDR5 MemoryMarch 10, 2023
- Thermaltake P3 TG Pro and Modern Dial Up ModemFebruary 25, 2023
- AI Generated Content Will Take Over the WorldFebruary 11, 2023
- Consumer Electronics Show 2023 Travel Log BreakdownJanuary 22, 2023
- Holiday Gift Buying Guide for Gamers of all TypesDecember 10, 2022
- Check In on the Progress of the Retro PC Subwoofer Project and Next StepsNovember 26, 2022
- NVIDIA RTX 4090 PowerGate Problem and the Unlaunch of the RTX 4080November 11, 2022
- Cannonball Quest for Retro PC HardwareOctober 24, 2022
- View All Episodes