The new Intel Comet Lake LGA1200 series processors are due to be released and with that comes a whole new set of motherboards. Unlike many AMD solutions the Intel side of the house tends to change things enough to warrant a new motherboard release. While this may annoy some (AMD Lovers) it brings plenty of opportunity for new features and keeps motherboard vendors on their toes to create new products.
Some of the new features are tied directly to the new chipset and include Intel WiFi 6, support for faster DDR4 2933Mhz memory and a much higher core count with the Core i9 10900K supporting 10 cores and 20 threads with a overclocking friendly clock multiplier and 125w TDP. Best part is that existing LGA115x heatsinks will install on the LGA1200.
Episode 111 featured music:
Little People - Start Shootin' (http://www.littlepeoplemusic.com/)
- Building a Retro PC and what it takes to run old machinesMarch 24, 2021
- It is ok to Build with Ryzen and Good Video Game MoviesMarch 10, 2021
- The Benefits and Limitations of Watercooling from DIY to AIOFebruary 25, 2021
- Revisit Galvanic Corrosion and Improving Case CoolingFebruary 10, 2021
- Unboxing a Special Intel Motherboard from 1995January 24, 2021
- Hardware Asylum Podcast 10-Year AnniversaryJanuary 10, 2021
- Subzero AIO Water Cooling and the Death of the HEDT ProcessorDecember 23, 2020
- Lack of Enthusiast Level Video Cards and SFX PSU OverclockingDecember 14, 2020
- View All Episodes