The new Intel Comet Lake LGA1200 series processors are due to be released and with that comes a whole new set of motherboards. Unlike many AMD solutions the Intel side of the house tends to change things enough to warrant a new motherboard release. While this may annoy some (AMD Lovers) it brings plenty of opportunity for new features and keeps motherboard vendors on their toes to create new products.
Some of the new features are tied directly to the new chipset and include Intel WiFi 6, support for faster DDR4 2933Mhz memory and a much higher core count with the Core i9 10900K supporting 10 cores and 20 threads with a overclocking friendly clock multiplier and 125w TDP. Best part is that existing LGA115x heatsinks will install on the LGA1200.
Episode 111 featured music:
Little People - Start Shootin' (http://www.littlepeoplemusic.com/)
- Aorus Z790 X Motherboard Refresh - Fast Track to Gen XSeptember 11, 2023
- Dipping into the Hardware Asylum Mailbag for Obscure PC Hardware QuestionsAugust 24, 2023
- Asking ChatGPT to Build us a Gaming PCAugust 10, 2023
- Diablo IV DLSS Performance and GamplayJuly 11, 2023
- Check in on Three of our Current ProjectsJune 24, 2023
- 21 Years of the Battlefield Franchise, Pour Them AnotherJune 10, 2023
- The Current State of Cloud Gaming and Should you Take it SeriousMay 24, 2023
- NVIDIA RTX 4070 Performance and DLSS 3 GamesMay 10, 2023
- View All Episodes