As computer enthusiasts we tend to build a variety of different computer systems from daily drivers to a weekend bencher. While this may seem strange to some the truth is there are a many different types of enthusiastic activities that range from custom car building, mountain biking, motorcycles, model building and the list goes on. In fact just about every hobby you can think of has an enthusiast couinterpart that pushes the hobby and makes it fun again.
In this episode Dennis admits that his hobbies extend beyond the computer world and reach into the culture of MiniTrucks, Motorcycles and Radio Control cars, more specifically Nitro R/C. Below is the custom HIP Savage that Dennis built complete with an upgraded OFNA Picco .26 Outlaw big block engine, aftermarket exhaust, Pro-Line Big Joe tires, upgraded 3 shoe clutch, upgraded dogbones (Axle to the wheels) and more broken parts replaced than he cares to admit.
The truck is a first generation Savage that came with an underpowered .21 HPI engine that had been upgraded twice since its purchase.
As it would turn out Darren is also an bit of a R/C enthusiast but has opted for the smaller electric cars in the XMods lineup.
Episode 39 featured music:
Little People - Start Shootin' (http://www.littlepeoplemusic.com/)
- Playing World War 3 Beta - Can it replace Battlefield 5July 23, 2022
- Origins of the Modern Internet with a Bulletin Board SystemJune 27, 2022
- We Can Finally Buy Video Cards from Basic to UnicornsJune 11, 2022
- My Quest to Find the Perfect Ergonomic Mechanical KeyboardMay 25, 2022
- Exploring Keyboard Form Factors from 80 to 65%May 10, 2022
- NVIDIA RTX 3090 Ti Launch and What is next on the Hardware Asylum Retro PC ChannelApril 24, 2022
- The Hackfort 2022 Special Recording SessionApril 23, 2022
- How Multiplayer Gaming has ChangedApril 10, 2022
- View All Episodes