Borderlands 2 1Life Challenge
Even when a game has extensive replay value there comes a time when even the best game can get old and stale. There are several ways to keep these games fresh in the form of custom challenges. One of the variety streamers that Dennis likes to watch on Twitch.tv, Admiral Bahroo, has created a Borderlands 2 Challenge called 1Life. The basic concept is to play Borderlands 2 from start to finish without dying, cause if you die the character is deleted and you start over again.
Some of the rules related to this challenge are as follows.
- Must complete the full story line with only 1 life -- FFYL Allowed, Respawn Denied.
- If you respawn, delete the character and start over.
- Must start from level 1
- Regen Buffs allowed.
- No Powerleveling / Farming for EXP
- Badass Ranks Disabled.
- Glitches / Hacks / Exploits Denied.
- Once you have completed the first playthrough, continue on to the next.
- If you have access to playthrough 3, proceed onto the final playthrough.
In this episode Dennis talked about how Admiral Bahroo has finally completed his 1Life challenge playing the entire game from level 1 to OP8 (overpower 8) then playing thru the game a 4th time including all of the DLC at OP8. If that wasn’t enough he also went after all seven raid bosses ending with Voracidous the Invincible in the hammerlock DLC. Of course to complete this challenge it wasn’t done Solo but rather in two player co-op using a Gunzerker and Siren.
One of the hottest new titles to hit Steam is the Zombie Survival Shooter, Dying Light. As of this recording Darren has a little over 13 hours into the game and gives his thoughts on what he likes about it.
Dying Light Game
Episode 50 featured music:
Little People - Start Shootin' (http://www.littlepeoplemusic.com/)
- Building a Retro PC and what it takes to run old machinesMarch 24, 2021
- It is ok to Build with Ryzen and Good Video Game MoviesMarch 10, 2021
- The Benefits and Limitations of Watercooling from DIY to AIOFebruary 25, 2021
- Revisit Galvanic Corrosion and Improving Case CoolingFebruary 10, 2021
- Unboxing a Special Intel Motherboard from 1995January 24, 2021
- Hardware Asylum Podcast 10-Year AnniversaryJanuary 10, 2021
- Subzero AIO Water Cooling and the Death of the HEDT ProcessorDecember 23, 2020
- Lack of Enthusiast Level Video Cards and SFX PSU OverclockingDecember 14, 2020
- View All Episodes