Orange and Black Attack Stack
Early this year Dennis gave away two custom painted computer cases, a Cooler Master HAF Stacker and Silverstone Raven 4. While both of these cases are excellent out of the box Dennis decided to give them a fresh of automotive Pearl Orange to help them stand out in the crowd. Tim Hall was the lucky winner of the HAF Stacker and recently shared his build blog using this case.
It is great to see contest winners actually using the prizes they win. Not only does that reaffirm the importance for sites, like Hardware Asylum, to give back to their community but also shows that people really care about supporting the sites they read.
Be sure to check out the build blog and check back on for more details as the build continues.
Build Preview ‘Orange & Black Attack Stack’
Dennis recently posted an article about how springtime can be rather boring for the hardware enthusiast. Not only are we between major hardware releases but the draw of summertime weather and a reduced need for insulated clothing can be rather distracting at times. J. In this segment Dennis talks about custom watercooling from what components you need to why you would build one to begin with.
Of course the enthusiast spin on watercooling extends beyond pump/res/block/rad and can even include things like supercooling with a single stage phase cooler.
Beast LN2 Container
Getting started with LN2 overclocking can be very expensive. The majority of the cost is with the hardware however many forget about the onetime setup costs associated with the CPU and GPU containers used to supercool the processors. Many overclockers experiment with container designs and der8auer ECC might have the end all design that will change the LN2 overclocking landscape.
He calls it, the Beast
In this segment Dennis gives you an overview of the Beast container based on some of the published photos available online. The overall design is every elaborate and will support two styles of overclocking with a superfast cooldown and the ability to make micro adjustments in temperature once a target temperature has been reached.
Episode 51 featured music:
Little People - Start Shootin' (http://www.littlepeoplemusic.com/)
- Building a Retro PC and what it takes to run old machinesMarch 24, 2021
- It is ok to Build with Ryzen and Good Video Game MoviesMarch 10, 2021
- The Benefits and Limitations of Watercooling from DIY to AIOFebruary 25, 2021
- Revisit Galvanic Corrosion and Improving Case CoolingFebruary 10, 2021
- Unboxing a Special Intel Motherboard from 1995January 24, 2021
- Hardware Asylum Podcast 10-Year AnniversaryJanuary 10, 2021
- Subzero AIO Water Cooling and the Death of the HEDT ProcessorDecember 23, 2020
- Lack of Enthusiast Level Video Cards and SFX PSU OverclockingDecember 14, 2020
- View All Episodes