Maximum PC Dream Machine 2015
This build really needs no introduction and it got quite a bit of press at launch. For starters it was priced in north of 20K USD and featured a number of excessive components such as four watercooled Titan X video cards and 64 Gigs of ram. Many of the components really make sense while others seem to be included due to sponsorship or the fact that “they could”.
Hardware Asylum launched a builds section last month with the intent of doing builds based on a purpose. One of them was an Xtreme build for 4-way SLI on LN2. This may seem excessive like the MPC Dream Machine but, in this case you needed four cards. The rest of the build was rather tame and only contained items you really needed along with some accessories required to go subzerio.
Dreamcasting the Borderlands Movie
At PAX Prime 2015 Randy Pitchford announced that Legendary Pictures, the studio responsible for the Hunger Games franchise, was tapped to adapt Borderlands into a post apocalyptic blockbuster. While it is dangerous to create movies based on games there are a few notable exceptions of where the formula worked and even more that failed miserably.
In this segment the duo go over the Forbes predictions and discuss the pros and cons of the actors they picked. Funny thing, it would seem both of them totally missed that the pick for Tiny Tina was actually the voice actor for the character in the game. While the look of the actress didn’t really match the character there would be little doubt on if she could pull it off
Episode 56 featured music:
Little People - Start Shootin' (http://www.littlepeoplemusic.com/)
- Building a Retro PC and what it takes to run old machinesMarch 24, 2021
- It is ok to Build with Ryzen and Good Video Game MoviesMarch 10, 2021
- The Benefits and Limitations of Watercooling from DIY to AIOFebruary 25, 2021
- Revisit Galvanic Corrosion and Improving Case CoolingFebruary 10, 2021
- Unboxing a Special Intel Motherboard from 1995January 24, 2021
- Hardware Asylum Podcast 10-Year AnniversaryJanuary 10, 2021
- Subzero AIO Water Cooling and the Death of the HEDT ProcessorDecember 23, 2020
- Lack of Enthusiast Level Video Cards and SFX PSU OverclockingDecember 14, 2020
- View All Episodes