We all know a good power supply is the foundation for any PC build. For most that choice isn’t particularly fun. Power supplies just aren’t that flashy, until now! Today we will be looking at the latest from Cooler Master; the XG850 Plus Platinum power supply.
Platinum power and ARGB, check.
But, What about a real-time digital data right on the side!
Let’s take a look.
The XG850 Plus Platinum series is the first Cooler master power supply designed in house and features power supplies at 650w, 750w and the 850w unit you see here. With the increasing power needs most builds require we are recommending 800w or greater power supplies more and more often. And if your budget allows, you should always reach for a Platinum rated unit.
While adding ARGB and status displays can be a bit polarizing it sure looks good when paired with a matching system. But if you prefer a traditional look, Cooler master has you covered with their traditional designs. Both are fully modular and backed with a 10-year warranty.
- Intel ATX 12V Version 2.53
- 80 PLUS Platinum Certified
- Quiet ARGB 135mm silent Fan
- Built-in Information Display Panel
- Full-Modular Cabling with 100% Japanese In-Line Capacitors
- 10-Year Warranty
- Model: MPG-8501-AFBAP-X**
- ATX Version: Intel ATX 12V Ver. 2.53
- PFC: Active PFC
- Input Voltage: 100-240V
- Input Current: 12-6A
- Input Frequency: 50-60Hz
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 160 x 150 x 86 mm
- Fan Size: 135mm
- Fan Speed: 1800 RPM
- Noise Level @ 100%: ≤ 25 dBA
- Efficiency: ≥ 92% @ Typical Load
- 80 PLUS Rating: 80 PLUS Platinum
- ErP 2014 Lot 3: Yes
- Operating Temperature: 0-50°C
- Power Good Signal: 100 - 150 ms
- Hold Up Time: ≥ 16ms
- MTBF: >100,000 Hours
- Protections: OPP, OVP, OCP, UVP, SCP, OTP, Surge and Inrush Protection
- Regulatory: TUV, cTUVus, CE, BSMI, FCC, CCC, EAC, UKCA
- ATX 24 Pin Connectors: 1
- EPS 4+4 Pin Connectors: 1
- EPS 8 Pin Connector: 1
- SATA Connectors: 12
- Peripheral 4 Pin Connectors: 4
- PCI-e 6+2 Pin Connectors: 6
- USB Protocol 10P: 1
- Series: XG Series
- 80 Plus: Platinum
- Modular: Full Modular
- Wattage: Above 750W
Cooler Master has come a long way from their 1992 beginnings as a heat sink manufacturer. Today Cooler Master is an industry leader offering a wide range of Custom PC coolers, cases, peripherals and more. Odds are pretty good any custom built or boutique PC will have Cooler Master parts under the hood.