Creative has long been our go-to for PC audio through their SoundBlaster products and more recently with their SX-Fi technology. Today we will be looking at their first foray into a wireless headphone with active noise canceling, the Creative Zen Hybrid Wireless Headphones.
We recently compared these budget friendly headphones to some of the industry leaders on our podcast with surprising results. Keep reading for my complete thoughts on these cans!
The Creative Zen headphones come in the white color scheme featured in this review and the more traditional all black. Perhaps the most striking feature of the Hybrid Zen is the battery life which can run for up to 27 hours even with the Active Noise Canceling (ANC) enabled. A quick "top off" charge can net you 5 hours of additional listening with just 5 minutes on the charger!
- Product Type: Wireless Headphones, Wired Headphones
- Color: Black, White
- Frequency Response: 20–20,000 Hz
- Driver: 40 mm Neodymium Driver x 2
- Charging Time: 2 to 3 hours
- Connector Type: Bluetooth 5.0, 3.5 mm Stereo Input
- Bluetooth Profiles: HFP (Hands-Free Profile), A2DP (Wireless Stereo Bluetooth), AVRCP (Bluetooth Remote Control)
- Bluetooth Operating Frequency: 2402-2480 MHz
- Audio Codec: AAC, SBC
- Operating Range: Up to 10m / 33 ft
- Wearing Style: Over-ear
- Operating Temperature: 0–45°C
- Ear Pads: High-quality, soft protein leather
Creative is the worldwide leader in digital entertainment products. Founded in Singapore in 1981, Creative started with the vision that multimedia would revolutionize the way people interact with their PCs.
Famous for its Sound Blaster sound cards and for launching the multimedia revolution, Creative is now driving digital entertainment with cutting-edge audio solutions, premium wireless speakers, high performance earphone products and portable media devices. The company's innovative hardware, proprietary technology, applications and services enable consumers to experience high-quality digital entertainment - anytime, anywhere.
Since launching the phenomenally successful Sound Blaster sound cards and setting the de-facto standard for PC audio in 1989, Creative has been able to leverage on its leading-edge audio technology, a huge user base of 400 million, and strong brand name to expand into the exciting lifestyle Personal Digital Entertainment (PDE) market.