BAPCo Releases SYSmark 25
I have been using BAPCo benchmarks, namely SYSmark, since the inception of Ninjalane and continues to be one of my "go-to" benchmarks when it comes to testing real world performance. Of course, choosing a benchmark depends on what you are trying to test and what you are using to run that test against.
Basically, do your homework when trusting scores online.
There are a number of enhancements with SYSmark 25 and to be honest I'm looking forward to the 1 hour run-time. BTW, if 1 hour seems like a long time consider for a moment that SYSmark 2018 SE takes 4 hours to complete.
SYSmark® 25, the latest and 25th workload generation of the premier PC benchmark that measures and compares system performance using real-world applications and workloads. The 25th workload generation of the premier PC performance metric features new Productivity, Creativity, and Responsiveness Scenarios.
The new Productivity Scenario has updated workloads and applications geared towards office centric user activities. The new Creativity Scenario features updated workloads and applications geared toward media-centric user activities. The new Responsiveness Scenario models ‘pain points’ in the user experience. These common activities that include: application launches, file launches, web browsing with multiple tabs, multi-tasking, and background application installation.
What’s new in SYSmark® 25:
- The 25th workload generation based on new Productivity, Creativity, and Responsiveness Scenarios
- Updated third-party applications
- Shorter install and run times
- Dark mode support
- A streamlined “click-and-run” user interface
- Results consolidated into a single file
- Localized GUI support for nine languages
- All new updated applications: Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, Adobe Lightroom Classic CC, Adobe Photoshop CC, Adobe Premiere Pro CC, Audacity, AutoIt, Corel WinZip 24.0 Enterprise, Google Chrome (v 81.0), Microsoft Excel 2019, Microsoft Outlook 2019, Microsoft PowerPoint 2019, Microsoft Word 2019, Shotcut. SYSmark 25 uses only unmodified, retail versions of real-world applications for measurement
- New Productivity Scenario which has updated workloads and applications geared towards office centric user activities
- New Creativity Scenario which has updated workloads and applications geared toward media centric user activities
- The new Responsiveness Scenario models ‘pain points’ in the user experience. These common activities that include: application launches, file launches, web browsing with multiple tabs, multi-tasking, and background application installation.
- Improved results (FDR) formatting. New combined, single results PDF. Automatically generates results as PDF
- Allows active Internet connection during benchmark installation and execution
- Energy Consumption feature which records energy usage in watt-hours during the workloads. Requires a Watts Up Pro meter (buy @ the BAPCo Store). Compatible meters include: Watts Up PRO, PRO ES, and .NET models. Watts Up meter is suitable for connection only to 120V, 60 Hz power. Not suitable for Europe (230 VAC 50 Hz)
- Minimum system requirements ensure that SYSmark 25 runs on broader categories of PC systems
- CPU: 2015 or newer x86 processor (Intel 6th Generation Core or AMD 7000 series APU)
- RAM: 8 GB
- HDD/SSD: 25GB of free space on the primary drive
- Operating System: Microsoft® Windows® 10 64-bit version 1803 (RS4) or higher
- Resolution: 1280×800 or 1366×768
- Graphics: DirectX 10 compatible, 2GB of VRAM
- Supported Languages on Windows 10: English (US)
- Additional languages to be added in future update: Brazilian Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Spanish (SP)
- Approximate Running Time: 1 hour (1-iteration)
Related Web URL: https://bapco.com/products/sysmark-25/
comments powered by Disqus