Battlefield 4 CTE
The Battlefield 4 CTE or Community Test Environment is an invite only version of Battlefield 4 designed to allow the developers to test new things they want to add to the game. These may include minor things like hitbox adjustments and new netcode to major tests like map community and new styles of gameplay. Darren was invited to participate in the latest round of CTE and was testing on 4 new maps that are rumored to be in the next DLC expansion and two new weapons including a sweet railgun right out of Quake 2.
If you are interested in testing the bleeding edge and love Battlefield be sure to check out the CTE options when they come available.
Introducing the Community Test Environment
The Chevy S10 Xtreme Project
Everyone has their hobbies and it is no secret that Dennis has a number of them from overclocking and casemods to riding sport bikes and golf. As it would turn out he is a bit of a mini trucker too. For the past several years he has been modifying his 2001 S10 Extra Cab Xtreme. The truck is a daily driver so it is difficult to tear into it so instead Dennis carefully planned the mods and executed them when he had time/money.
There is actually quite a laundry list of modifications however the most visual are the addition of Corvette Z06 disk brakes and a set of Bonspeed Atom 19” wheels. While both of these items can be bought relatively easy they are custom configured for this particular vehicle.
Of course the downside to custom work is that you are at the whim of the builder. Sure you can get expectations on when something will be done however delays happen and you have to force yourself to be patient. Dennis was a model customer when it came to ordering the Bonspeed Atom wheels given that it took an entire YEAR for them to be delivered and be correct. Sadly they aren’t 100% but again that is the nature of custom work. With any luck Dennis will get that custom crate motor he ordered for the Xtreme but after 5 months and empty promises you begin to wonder if you will get anything and if what you ordered is actually want you wanted.
Episode 44 featured music:
Little People - Start Shootin' (http://www.littlepeoplemusic.com/)
- The Smallest PC Build Ever and Two-Piece M.2 DrivesSeptember 26, 2021
- Why you need a 3D Printer and the Building of Custom PC PartsSeptember 10, 2021
- A Real World Review of the EGO Power+ LM21355P Electric Lawn MowerAugust 24, 2021
- High Speed Memory in Gaming PC, Hometheater Speakers on your DesktopAugust 10, 2021
- Taking an In-Depth look at the Eclipse P500A from PhanteksJuly 25, 2021
- The Evolution of the Graphics Adaptor from the Software SideJuly 10, 2021
- Picking a Processor and Challenges of Playing old Games on Modern HardwareJune 24, 2021
- The Evolution of the Graphics AdaptorJune 11, 2021
- View All Episodes