January Month Off?
During the month of January it was announced that there would be no Podcast but as many astute listeners noticed Dennis did get a Podcast Extra out talking about some of the highlights from CES 2015. Thanks again to Greg King for helping make that happen.
Also during January there Hardware Asylum sponsored a custom case giveaway where Dennis gave away two custom painted computer cases and minus a little trolling for the answer required to win it actually was rather successful.
Finally there was a LOT of Vegas during the month of January with Dennis heading there for CES followed by Darren going for fun and excitement. Ironically both of them ate at Paris and generally had a good time.
New Podcasting Gear
Dennis was supposed to snap a pic of the latest setup but that never actually happened. So, instead here is the full build
- InWin BP655 (200w PSU)
- MSI Z97I Gaming (OEM Heatsink)
- Intel Core i7 4770K
- Corsair Dominator Platinum (8GB)
- Samsung EVO 120GB SSD
- Toshiba 7200rpm 1TB
- AVerMedia C127 Game Broadcaster HD
- Microsoft 5000 Mobile Keyboard
- Gigabyte M7700B GM-M770B Mouse
HyperX Cloud II Gaming Headphone Review
Headphones are rather subjective when it comes to doing a review and what might sound amazing to one person could be total crap to another. In this segment Dennis gives you his review of the Cloud II gaming headset and aside from the bass heavy nature of the 53mm drivers the headphones are extremely comfortable and well worth the $99 dollar price tag.
Overclocking the EVGA GTX 980 Classified
In December Dennis published an article detailing how easy it was to overclock the EVGA GTX 980 Classified under LN2. All you needed was to add a little protective insulation, affix a cooling container and away you go. Of course there are some technical details like getting the proper LN2 BIOS and voltage control software (or EVBot) but after that the sky is the limit.
During this session Dennis was able to hit 2000Mhz with his GTX 980 Classified sample and after a weekend of benching he removed all of the insulation, put the stock aircooler back on and proceeded to play Borderlands 2 for the next week without any issues. This goes to show how well built the Classified series is and if you treat your hardware correctly it can last a very long time.
Overclocking the EVGA GTX 980 Classified with LN2
Episode 49 featured music:
Little People - Start Shootin' (http://www.littlepeoplemusic.com/)
- Playing World War 3 Beta - Can it replace Battlefield 5July 23, 2022
- Origins of the Modern Internet with a Bulletin Board SystemJune 27, 2022
- We Can Finally Buy Video Cards from Basic to UnicornsJune 11, 2022
- My Quest to Find the Perfect Ergonomic Mechanical KeyboardMay 25, 2022
- Exploring Keyboard Form Factors from 80 to 65%May 10, 2022
- NVIDIA RTX 3090 Ti Launch and What is next on the Hardware Asylum Retro PC ChannelApril 24, 2022
- The Hackfort 2022 Special Recording SessionApril 23, 2022
- How Multiplayer Gaming has ChangedApril 10, 2022
- View All Episodes