Thermaltake Tower 500 ReviewAuthor: Darren McCain
Over the years some custom builds have left a lasting impression. One such case was the Tower 900 Donkey Kong Build we first saw at CES2017. While giant cases like the Tower 900 lend themselves to flashy builds, they tend to be too big and expensive to be practical for most common hardware configurations.
Thankfully Thermaltake has added a smaller Tower 500 model to their growing Tower line. The new Tower 500 is small enough to be practical while still supporting motherboards up to E-ATX size.
The Tower 500 sure knows how to get your attention! The vertical build certainly looks like a high-rise tower building and features three large tempered glass panels that might also bring to mind a high-end fish tank!
In this review we will be taking a closer look at the Tower 500 in a traditional black. The case is also available in a beautiful white or Snow Edition. The Tower 500 is essentially a larger version of the Tower 100 we reviewed last year with support for much more custom cooling options and today’s larger components.
SERIES: The Tower
CASE TYPE: Mid Tower
DIMENSION (H X W X D): 608 x 388 x 398 mm (23.9 x 15.3 x 15.7 inches)
NET WEIGHT: 14.8 kg / 32.6 lbs.
SIDE PANEL: 4mm Tempered Glass x 3
- Rear(exhaust):120 x 120 x 25 mm Standard fan (1500rpm, 35.8 dBA) x 2
EXPANSION SLOTS: 9
- 7” x 6.7” (Mini ITX)
- 6” x 9.6” (Micro ATX)
- 12” x 9.6” (ATX)
- 12” x 12” (E-ATX)
I/O PORT: USB 3.2 (Gen 2) Type-C x 1, USB 3.0 x 4, HD Audio x 1
PSU: Standard PS2 PSU (optional)
- Top: 2 x 120mm, 1 x 120mm, 2 x 140mm, 1 x 140mm
- Right Side: 3 x 120mm, 2 x 120mm, 1 x 120mm
- Rear: 2 x 120mm, 1 x 120mm, 2 x 140mm, 1 x 140mm
- Power Cover: 2 x 120mm, 1 x 120mm, 2 x 140mm, 1 x 140mm
- Bottom (Vertical/Horizontal): 2 x 120mm, 1 x 120mm
- Top: 1 x 240mm, 1 x 120mm, 1 x 280mm, 1 x 140mm
- Right Side: 1 x 360mm or 1 x 360mm Custom LCS radiator (max length 399mm), 1 x 240mm, 1 x 120mm
- Bottom (Vertical/Horizontal): 1 x 240mm, 1 x 120mm
- CPU cooler height limitation: 275mm
- VGA length limitation:
- 325mm (With power cover)
- 355mm (Without power cover)
- PSU length limitation: 200mm
Thermaltake has been a well-known brand in the gaming & DIY market for PC Chassis, Coolers and Power Supplies for many years. The brand personality of being unique, aggressive, vivid and stylish makes Thermaltake an expert in creating exciting things and fascinating environments for gamers and enthusiasts. Tt eSPORTS inherited the brand personality with unique and creative designs by observing users’ behavior and demands.