It seems like this year the portable media market has exploded. With smart phones becoming more dominant the demand for mobile storage solutions is massive. Enter the SanDisk Connect Wireless Stick. A USB storage device that doubles as a wireless media server sounds intriguing.
Let’s take a closer look!
The latest generation of SanDisk Connect Wireless Stick is available in sizes from 16GB up to a massive 200GB and is offered in both the black you see here and in a white. The slim design is about the height of two USB ports and roughly 3 inches long. It reminds me a bit of some of the first generation flash drives but it is still comfortably pocket sized.
- Capacities: 16GB, 32GB, 64GB, 128GB, 200GB
- Form factor: USB flash drive
- Charging: USB port for charging, up to 2 hours for a full charge; up to 4.5 hours of continuous usage4
- Maximum File Size: <4GB (16GB, 32GB versions), limited only by capacity (64GB+ versions)
- Dimensions: 0.82 x 3.08 x 0.48 in. (20.83 x 78.21 x 12.19 mm)
- Weight: 0.048 lb (21.76 grams)
- Operating temperature: 32° - 113° F (0° – 45° C)
- Storage temperature: -4° - 158° F (-20° – 70° C)
- Warranty: 1-year limited warranty in US & Canada; 2-year warranty in EMEA & APAC
- Connection: 802.11n 2.4GHz Wi-Fi and USB 2.0
- Mobile device: iOS version 8.0 or higher, Android version 4.2 or higher
- Wi-Fi enabled devices: Web browser
- PC or Mac computer: Windows® 8, Windows 7, Windows 10, Windows Vista®, or Mac OS 10.6 or higher
- Security: Optional Wi-Fi password protection
SanDisk Corporation is an American global company that designs, develops and manufactures flash memory storage devices and software. Founded in 1988 SanDisk is the third-largest manufacturer of flash memory in the world. They have shipped over 2 Billion microSD™ cards since 2005. Odds are pretty good you have a SanDisk device already especially if you have a digital camera, portable gaming device or smart phone.