A look ahead at Computex 2014
Computex is one of the largest technology trade shows in the world and happens to be Dennis's summertime destination. His trips to Computex started over 10 years ago and has been a great make new contacts and witness firsthand what new bits of computer hardware will be available for the Christmas shopping season. Over the years the Computex show has grown quite a bit, not only in size but with elaborate booths and cool overclocking demonstrations.
This year Dennis is looking forward to the GSKill OC World Cup which will likely replace the normal overclocking demonstrations at the GSKill booth. During the week there will likely be two on two overclocking competitions with the finals being held on the Friday of the show. An open qualifier was hosted on HWBot with the top 6 getting an open invite to the semi-finals and finals.
Back in 2009 Dennis hosted a small get together in Taiwan to celebrate the 10 year anniversary of NInjalane.com and as luck would have it, HWBOT is celebrating their 10 year anniversary this year after Computex By the looks of it they are planning a fun filled weekend of overclocking and general mayhem.
G.Skill OC World Cup 2014 Qualifier
Overclocking the EVGA GTX 780 Ti Classified
One of the most anticipated video cards of 2014 is the nVidia GTX 780 Ti and the custom designs that would be released by the nVidia partners. One such design is the GTX 780 Ti Classified and GTX 780 Ti Classified KPE both from EVGA. These cards represent a variety of breakthroughs in video card design from the obvious being that EVGA took a GTX 780 Ti and added an EPower Board for more control. To the realization that a company can create a very capable video card that not only can be used as a top of the line gaming card but can also be overclocked to the limit with liquid nitrogen.
Provided you have the proper tools.
Dennis and Darren talk technical in this segment including what it takes to overclock the GTX 780 Ti Classified and some of the major and yet subtle differences between the two cards.
Episode 40 featured music:
Little People - Start Shootin' (http://www.littlepeoplemusic.com/)
Marc Burt – Twenty Ten (http://freemusicarchive.org/music/Marc_Burt/Best_Bytes_Volume_2/06_Marc_Burt_Twenty_Ten)
- Building a Retro PC and what it takes to run old machinesMarch 24, 2021
- It is ok to Build with Ryzen and Good Video Game MoviesMarch 10, 2021
- The Benefits and Limitations of Watercooling from DIY to AIOFebruary 25, 2021
- Revisit Galvanic Corrosion and Improving Case CoolingFebruary 10, 2021
- Unboxing a Special Intel Motherboard from 1995January 24, 2021
- Hardware Asylum Podcast 10-Year AnniversaryJanuary 10, 2021
- Subzero AIO Water Cooling and the Death of the HEDT ProcessorDecember 23, 2020
- Lack of Enthusiast Level Video Cards and SFX PSU OverclockingDecember 14, 2020
- View All Episodes