It was back at CES 2019 when we were first introduced to Creative’s award winning Super X-FI technology and wondered just how game changing it might become. Fast forward one year and we are greated by the eSports focused Creative SXFI Gamer headphones at a pricepoint for the masses.
For those not familiar with Super X-Fi technology, here is the official description:
‘Super X-Fi captures the listening experience of a high-end multi-speaker system in a professional studio, and recreates the same expansive experience in your headphones using computational audio intensive techniques to custom fit audio, for every individual, through a sophisticated Head and Ear-Mapping process.’ - Creative
The SXFI Gamer claims to be the best gaming headphones available today. Paring the latest Creative Super X-Fi UltraDSP technology with a gaming specific headset sounds like a recipe for success and with no sound card required! Let’s take a closer look.
Creative’s engineers have cracked the code on making a "gamer" product without being all bright colored and covered in RGB. The SXFI Gamer headphones are all black and feature subtle branding to make this product more at home on an audiophile set than a battlestation. In fact on the surface you might not even know there is RGB available.
- Audio Processing: Super X-Fi
- Interface: USB, 3.5 mm Stereo Input
- Product Type: Wired Headset
- Weight:With Mic 349g (12.31 oz) / Without Mic 336g (11.85 oz)
- Color: Black
- Frequency Response: 20–20,000 Hz
- Driver: 50 mm (1.97 inches) Neodymium magnet
- Wearing Style: Over-ear
- Microphone:Frequency Response: 100–16,000 Hz / Sensitivity: - 42 dBV / Pa
- Controls: Mic mute, Super X-Fi, Volume, RGB lighting On/Off
- RGB Ear-Cup Rings: Choose from 16 million colors
- Supported Operating Systems:Mac OS X v10.9 and above / Windows® 8.1 / Windows® 10 / Windows® 7
- Warranty: 1-year Limited Hardware Warranty
- Console support:Firmware Version 5.0 or later / Switch OS 5.0 or later
Creative is the worldwide leader in digital entertainment products. Founded in Singapore in 1981, Creative started with the vision that multimedia would revolutionize the way people interact with their PCs.
Famous for its Sound Blaster sound cards and for launching the multimedia revolution, Creative is now driving digital entertainment with cutting-edge audio solutions, premium wireless speakers, high performance earphone products and portable media devices. The company's innovative hardware, proprietary technology, applications and services enable consumers to experience high-quality digital entertainment - anytime, anywhere.
Since launching the phenomenally successful Sound Blaster sound cards and setting the de-facto standard for PC audio in 1989, Creative has been able to leverage on its leading-edge audio technology, a huge user base of 400 million, and strong brand name to expand into the exciting lifestyle Personal Digital Entertainment (PDE) market.